Saturday, February 4, 2012

Upkeep


I've been trying for a long time to keep up on this and get it going. I think the biggest issue I face is that I have a hard time keeping interest in things, for example I have no real hobbies, I moved back home and all I seem to have time for is work and sleep. How sad! There are so many wonderful blogs I read and it is such a fascinating community and phenomenon to have people connecting all over the world in a very real and family bond way. It is something I have always wanted to do for myself as a way to keep up on commitments outside of my job and have an outlet for finding and staying with things I love or have a curiosity for.
I think another thing I struggle with is giving myself personal time. I have no problem with rules, boundaries and guidelines when I am required to by my job and my personal relationships but as far as doing things for myself, I have some crazy mental block! This year I made a list of goals for myself that are very real and obtainable to push and challenge me for me. This getting started is a big part of it and will be a big part of keeping track of how I am doing in all this “self-discovery” or “re-discovery” of sorts.
I am really excited to see where this all takes me. Whether anyone or no one reads this, it is ultimately for me.
 (source: pinterest)

1 comment:

  1. I read it. And I hope everything works out for you.

    Followed, hope you dont mind. Maybe you'll stop by me too someday.

    thebookness.com

    ReplyDelete